4/05/2009

Humber River '09

I grew up in a house of music. This is the 60's, so you have to realise the my parents were born into the depression and grew up during war. Dad loves big band and jazz music. Mom is a range of jazz to Johnny Cash and Tom Jones. The first album covers I remember seeing were a bunch by Benny Goodman and Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" as a kid I always thought this was really cool.

But the first music I remember, for some reason was Johnny Cash. We used to sing "Ring of Fire" as a joke to bug Dad. He hates Johnny and country music. This wide range of musical taste has affected how I listen to music. Trying to teach the same to my Eldest, but god he is turning into a metal head.

Enjoy the following.

3 comments:

running42k said...

Nice album cover!

Mo said...

ooh like all this selection

Doohickie said...

All great music. I've been thinking about picking up Whipped Cream, but it always slips my mind when I'm in the store. I need to add it to my list.

Tom Jones rocks too.

You might want to try these on for size.... and see if they don't stir up some memories.

(By the way... we're the same age, so I completely understand these selections.)