7/09/2008

Okay .. this is not going to be a long post ..... I'm driving to Chicago tomorrow for a wedding and a weeks holiday. We're going to be coming back through Cleveland so that I get to hit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ... I'm in heaven

I know, I should be posting Chicago related songs, home of the northern blues and all that, but I forgot to upload them. So today's post is about how one generation of musicians use the work of the previous in new and interesting ways. Take a listen to the following.

Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor.mp3, From "His Best" {Buy}

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Killing Floor (Live at Monterey Pop Festival).mp3, from Monterey International Pop Festival, June 16-18, 1967 {Buy}




###########################################


By the way if your interested in looking for new/old music spend sometime with the Retro Music Snob and welcome him back from his short hiatus. Or click on the Hype Machine.

Anyway enjoy and I will see you in a week.

No comments: